Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bang on the Doldrums

Hello online world!!
It's Saturday February 26th, 2011 and boy it is a nasty day where I live. I don't know about you all but personally I hate the snow after December 25th, and therefore today - since it is snowing and 20 degrees - I hate the weather.

As you may have guessed I am currently at work.
If you were curious - I work as a receptionist. Which is a very VERY boring job. The upside? I can text, do my homework, and complain to you. :]. So today I decided it might be cool to ask you for advice. So I have an anecdote for you as usual which today will be called:

Bang on the Doldrums
(yes i named it after a Fall Out Boy song - problem?)
So today i am going to share a story with you about my former bestfriend - we'll call him Jakob. So just some background information that i think is necessary to know, when i moved to my town Jakob was a boy who was my age that lived across the street. We quickly became really good friends and would play with eachother all the time and have sleep overs on the weekend. As we got older we got a little disconnected and started hanging out with different crowds but would still talk occasionally. And now we've started talking again. Like everyday. And it's safe to say that i think i might have developed "feelings" for him possibly? I'm not sure - and that's where my story comes in.
In fifth grade Jakob was over at my house and as all kids do in fifth grade we were asking eachother who the other one "liked" We decided it would be a good idea to write down who we liked on this sheet of paper. Now in fifth grade i still liked the boy Seamore who i told you about in my first post - so that's who i wrote down on my little sheet. After some thinking on his end he wrote down our neighbor who was older than us down on his sheet. After he left i didn't think much of it and moved on. About a week later i was cleaning my basement when i found a sheet of paper. It was the same stationary that me and jakob had used to write down our secret crushes. On the sheet of paper were three words "I like you." I was taken aback. I asked my sister if it was one of her friends handwriting - she said no. I knew that it must have been from jakob.  I never brought it up with him after that for fear of awkwardness, but i always wondered about it since then.
So now i'm sitting here wondering what's going on with us. He sends me a multitude of mixed signals telling me things like "i guess i'm your dream guy" or "when are we hanging out? ;p" text messages and then two seconds later will say things like "well we're friends, so were cool" or "tell your friends i'm available!" so i don't know what to think. I'm confused beyond belief so if you think you have any insight - it would be much appriciated.

Now i'm at work and must help people with their party rental.
I'll write back again on Tuesday when i work again.

Peace Love & Confusion
-RadicalBaby

PS-Incase you were wondering why i used a FOB song for my title the lyrics to the refrain of that song kindof explain my opinion on what should happen with me and jakob "best friends ex friends to the end better off as lovers and not the other way around..." I<3Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment